1. Home
  2. Eviction
  3. Tenant Eviction

Tenant Eviction

LANDLORD FORUMCategory: EvictionTenant Eviction
Muds asked 2 years ago

Hi All

Hope everyone is well. My tenant is not leaving the property and not paying rent. Since Last May he has only paid for 4 months intermittently.Since this March he has not paid and delaying the process of moving out. I think he is forcing me to use eviction process which I was trying to avoid since March. He said he found a place in May however keeps delaying it. What is the quickest way to evict him. This is my only home and one property. I need to move back in ASAP. Any advice or guidence will much appreciated. Besides section 8 and section 21 is there any otehr quick way to evict him. Any advice will be much appreciated.


Assign To: This question is:

3 Answers
Best Answer
Sarah Featherstone answered 2 years ago

Hi Muds,

Apart from section 8 & 21 notice there is no other way. You should serve both notices ASAP. It would seem the tenant is leading you up the garden path regarding the rent arrears.

Best Answer
DhanoaJ answered 2 years ago

You must sent a section 8 & 21 notice other than that you may contact to Leasehold Valuations UK they will asist you with the best guidance.

Best Answer
robert answered 2 years ago

help please, Made a mistake in the deposit which invalidated the NTQ. went ahead with court hearing. the judge suggested we talk outside and see if we could agree etc. we returned to court and agreed a consent order with a further 6 months expiry date and my tenant would leave by that date. my question is.. if the tenant refuses to leave will I have to give a new NTQ and start possesion proceedings again.. she pays rent on time. thanks all.

Your Answer

Load More Related Articles
Comments are closed.