I have joint tenants sharing an AST which commenced Feb 2020 for 12 months fixed term. They are friends. The mother and the father of one of the tenant’s each act as guarantors. They have been ideal tenants but one tenant is moving out. The boyfriend of the other tenant (the tenant whose parents are the guarantors) wishes to take over as joint tenant and move in. I am doing this by Deed of Assignment. Does the guarantor-ship continue and/or do I need to notify the guarantors formally and/or ask them to agree to sign new guarantor forms before I accept the boyfriend as a tenant (he does not need a personal guarantor)?
- Landlords need to prepare for Winter Have you seen the gentle sprinkle of snowfall outside…December 2, 2021
- Leasehold v Freehold Buying a new home is an important commitment, and it is not one that …November 24, 2021
- …November 23, 2021
- Coronavirus UK – Will Our Housing Market Crash 2021? Until very recently, the UK housing m…November 22, 2021
- Helping landlords revolutionise the way they manage their properties The rental market has…November 17, 2021
- New Rules for Commercial Landlords The Government has this week published its new measures…November 11, 2021
Load More Related Articles
Comments are closed.