I have joint tenants sharing an AST which commenced Feb 2020 for 12 months fixed term. They are friends. The mother and the father of one of the tenant’s each act as guarantors. They have been ideal tenants but one tenant is moving out. The boyfriend of the other tenant (the tenant whose parents are the guarantors) wishes to take over as joint tenant and move in. I am doing this by Deed of Assignment. Does the guarantor-ship continue and/or do I need to notify the guarantors formally and/or ask them to agree to sign new guarantor forms before I accept the boyfriend as a tenant (he does not need a personal guarantor)?
- Public Health (Coronavirus) (Protection from Eviction and Taking Control of Goods) (Englan…November 26, 20206 min read
- Is being a landlord worth it Due to a raft of legislation in the last few years not forget…November 20, 202014 min read
- Most associations only represent residential landlords, the National residential landlord’…November 15, 202017 min read
- New Section 8 Notice At a time when changing rules and the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic ar…November 12, 20205 min read
- To be in compliance with the Section 213 Housing Act 2004, any money taken from a tenant a…November 10, 202010 min read
- What is Joint Tenants and Tenants in Common One of the most important things most people d…November 6, 202014 min read
Load More Related Articles
Comments are closed.