1. Home
  2. Tax
  3. council tax

council tax

LANDLORD FORUMCategory: Taxcouncil tax
Debra Forster asked 2 months ago

I have a 3 bed flat which is let out to students. i have recently had to apply for a licence for the flat. i haave now received a council tax bill for that flat.

i thought that as this is a student flat I would not have to pay council tax.is this correct?

1 Answers
Dilpesh Purshottam answered 2 months ago

Normally student let the council tax is payable by the landlord. If the tenancy says the tenants are responsible for the council tax. If so, then let the council have the tenancy and speak to them.

Load More Related Articles
Load More In 
Comments are closed.