Disrepair is an important subject for all landlords, letting agents and property managers and one not to be ignored. Landlords should know their legal obligations when it comes to repairs, good practices and knowledge on disrepair claims. Disrepair claims are an expensive litigation process all landlords should avoid.
Our disrepair courses are set in association with Landlord Advice UK who is one of the national leading tenant eviction lawyers in the UK. They have a wealth of day to day experience in dealing with disrepair.
This course will cover the following:
- What is disrepair?
- Tenants’ rights in tort, statute and contract
- Issues with notice
- Reasonable period
- Remedies for disrepair
- Determining the value of a claim
- Disrepair counterclaims
- Litigation and the pre-action protocol
- Part 36 offer
- How to instruct a joint expert
- How to draft instructions to the expert